Friday, December 19, 2008

Mommy Woes

Devin got into a fight at school yesterday.  This fact in it's self is hard for me to believe.  To make things worse, he lied about the whole thing.  I don't know what to be more mad about: the lying or the fighting (he was sticking up for a friend being bullied) and I don't know how to punish him. Wait, I changed my mind.  I am most mad about the lying.  So what punishment do I give him that will make him realize how serious and wrong lying is?  Ugh.  Being a mom is hard.  I especially feel bad for Devin because I am learning on him.  He will forever be my Guinea pig.  

I HATE THAT MY KIDS ARE GROWING UP!!!!!!


6 comments:

Angie said...

oh man...I know just where you're coming from unfortunatly, but I don't have any "real" advice...Brynley keeps lying to me about having accidents at school (I told her that she always needs to tell me the truth even if she thinks she will get in trouble because she'll be in MORE trouble if she doesn't tell the truth...who knows if that's going to work!)...She also told me that she has a "boyfriend." Not a boy who is a friend though...a real boyfriend! AND...he wants to kiss her! I told her that she won't kiss anyone until she's 18...lol and she told me that she doesn't want to kiss...thank goodness, but STILL...I didn't think I would be talking about kissing in 1st grade!! ARgggh! And I haven't even STARTED with Brooklyn! I'm scared out of my MIND!

Melanni said...

Yay! A new post(0: Hmmm...it sounds like motherhood just gets trickier as kids grow up.

Natalie said...

I can’t believe he was in a fight. He looks so innocent. Haha... it looks like you are going to have your hands full. :)

Nicolio said...

I am sorry that you have to deal with that... Devin is already old enough to fight. I cannot believe it. Hang in there, you are a great mom and you have adorable kids.

Jewelry84097 said...

Devin is a real boy!!! I have had calls from school about fights, knives brought to school, notes of a sexual nature given to a teacher, sexual harrassment of a female student, ad nauseum! With all of that, the LIES are the worst! I think I would give a stupid punishment for the fighting since he was probably in the right and defending a friend - make him stand on his head for 1 minute. But the LIES! Make him write "I WILL ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH" 50 times (or 25 times if writing is still hard)! The next time it doubles!

Mariela said...

MCKAY, we need a new post! Come on, it's not like you don't have anything better to do! :) Hope to see some new pics soon! xoxo, Mahlah!