Monday, November 12, 2007
I have been a mom for a little over 4 years. Today was the first time I have ever had to call Poison Control. My little curious Reesie decided to dig through the trash and pull out my foam brush full of Americana Baby Blue Acrylic Paint. By the time I turned around and saw what she was doing, she had the whole thing in her mouth like a Popsicle and baby blue paint forming a ring around her lips. She was quite happy---until I took it away, then the screaming began. I called the pediatrician who informed me I needed to call poison control. By the time I got the poison control lady on the phone Reese was in a full fledged fit. The lady was very concerned and asked me if the screaming began after she ate the paint. I told her no, the screaming began after I took the paint away.
Apparently acrylic paint is one of the things you want your child to eat if they are going to eat something they aren't supposed to...it's non toxic and only causes a belly ache for the baby. It doesn't appear Reese has a belly ache, but I sure have a head ache from listening to her protestant screams!
Posted by mckay at 4:48 PM