Saturday, April 14, 2007

Diet Dr. Pepper Addiction


At the rate I am downing Diet Dr. Pepper, I think it is safe to say I have an addiction. How much can she drink? You are wondering. Well, I usually go to the gas station once a day to get a big gulp. I figured I could save some money by buying a twelve pack of it. I think I was wrong--it won't save me money if I continue to drink 5 cans a day. Yup, that's right: 5 cans. I am embarrassed/disgusted to admit I drank that many on Friday. To partially redeem myself, I am going to add that Friday both kids were sick and I tend to drink more in high stress/unpleasant situations. Today I only drank 2 cans. At any rate, I consume more Diet Dr. Pepper than anyone I know.

The logical place to go from this confession would be to say I need to stop, or I am going to cut back. Nope. You won't hear those words out of my mouth. I enjoy Diet Dr. Pepper, and if I turn to it for a little relief or de-stressing, it's better than the alternative of, well, let's just not go there.

So if anyone wants to donate to my Diet Dr. Pepper addiction fund (to BUY more of it, not to quit) you can use my paypal account: www.mckay@sayitonthewall.com or you can just drop off a case at my home. I can write you a little receipt so we can try and make it tax deductible.

2 comments:

The Wasek Family said...

I realize you have no idea who I am, but I came across your blog because I searched "Diet Dr. Pepper". It seems that we live in a parallel DDP life! I too drink at least 5 cans a day. I go to Walgreens about every other day for a 12 pk. Unfortunately they are out of it more often than not. I'm glad there is someone else out there with the same addiction! Have a great one!

Unknown said...

I know this is more than a decade late but I just came across this blog while looking for "Diet Dr. Pepper addiction". I thought that what I was doing was normal but now I see that normal addicts drink way less than me! I drink about 3-5 BOTTLES a day of this sweet brown nectar. I think I might have a bit of a problem...