Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Trying it again

Welcome all. I am trying this blog thing again. I think it could be a great journal of sorts if I could stick with it.

Let's see: Things new at the Brad and Mckay Harris household-

Reese is growing up despite my demands not to. I now have to put my sweet baby girl directly in the shopping cart sitting up. Not a big deal, right? Wrong! It's awful! I about cried the first time I did it. There I was in Michaels, put Reese in the cart, and about lost it. Luckily, I pulled myself together and carried on, but it was an awful trip! She is still my little baby. I don't want her sitting up. I don't want her eating baby food. I don't want her to learn to crawl. I don't want her to grow up! It goes by too fast!

On to Devin. He is a little pistol, that's for sure. He knows what he whats and when he wants it. The when part is usually RIGHT NOW! Mom just can't move fast enough. He is opinionated, he is mouthy, he is hot headed. He is almost four. I have to remind myself of that last one. It's a hard one to remember, but none the less, he is. I cannot expect him to reason like a 25 year old. I cannot expect him to just accept any answer I give him and move on. He has to work these things through and learn while he does so. I love this little boy so much. He teaches me so much, and I can only hope that I am doing a decent job of teaching him.

Ahh, my Brad. He is wonderful, he is great, he is hardworking, he is caring, he is all that I could want in a husband and an amazing dad. I can't believe that he is mine. How did I manage that? I must be craftier than I thought to trap him into this marriage! He is busy lately with lots of side projects and all the work I am giving him. I think he likes to be busy. He is good at busy. He does busy well. But despite all his business, he is still a family man. We always know that we come first.

And me. Still not sleeping through the night. It's been over a year now since I have been able to sleep straight through, no interruptions. But you know what? I just barely realized that today. It hasn't been bad. Reese wakes up, she smiles at me, she eats, she smiles at me, and she goes back to sleep. Not bad at all. My website (www.sayitonthewall.com) is going well. It could use more traffic, and I could use more orders, but I have had work since it got up and running, so I am grateful for that. I am actually having a lot of fun. I have my first vinyl party date set for April 24th. I am excited to see how it goes and if it will bring me some business.

So, you see, we are good. Really good. Life is good. Here's to a charmed life.

No comments: