Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Trader Joe's

So I went there for the first time today. It is a neat store. I actually really liked it. There was a lot I wanted, but it is a bit on the expensive side, so I made myself refrain. I have come to this conclusion about it: if you care about organic foods and have strong opinions on the nutritional value of your foods, Trader Joe's and health food stores are for you. Similarly, if you care about hormones being added to your foods and how it effects you and your family, Trader Joe's and health food stores are for you. However, if you like to avoid all such knowledge of what it is exactly you are eating, and live by the saying 'ignorance is bliss' you would be better off shopping at a regular grocery store and in doing so, save your family a buck or so. I fall under the 'ignorance is bliss' category. I prefer not to educate myself on additives and hormones. Mine are raging as is (hormones that is) and I do not think I can handle all my current worries AND worry about what it is that I am poisoning my family with.

All in all, Trader Joe's is great. But it is a bit out of my way and a bit expensive for my taste. Not to mention all that healthy food would be wasted on an ignorant family around here. Better leave the healthy stuff to those who care. As for me, I am sure my attitude is saying, "carcinogens, here we come!"

No comments: