Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Little Monkey


First off, to my family- Sorry, this is a repeat. I have been talking about this all day and you no doubt have heard it probably at least two times each. That being said:

This morning I awoke to Reese's happy little chatter. Since she wasn't yelling for me to come get her, I dozed off again. Next thing I know, I am awoken a second time, but this time to the most sickening thud immediately followed by Reese crying. I jumped out of bed and ran as fast as I could to her room because I knew exactly what had happened--Reese dove out of her crib! There she was in a little heap on the floor dazed and crying. Keep in mind my baby is only 13 months old! WAY too young to be figuring out how to escape from her crib! I swooped her up and held her tightly and she calmed down almost immediately. Apparently her little stunt only scared her, thank goodness. As soon as Brad came into the room to see why I frantically yelled his name, Reese wanted him and snuggled him for a good 10 minutes letting herself be reassured that she was indeed alright.

This little happening today scares me--I would like to believe that Reese is just top heavy and being the very tall girl that she is, leaned over the rail causing her top half to tip her over and out. I am afraid that is not the case, and that she is instead a "spirited child" like her brother. In any case, it seems I need to invest in a crib tent. Yes, I have to cage my child in--appropriate since 3/4 of the time I feel like a zoo keeper to my little monkeys anyway.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

My worst nightmare!!! She is too young, and now you've got me paranoid! She's such a cutie!

Mariela said...

Oh...poor Reese. I'm glad she didn't get hurt.

Mariela said...

Did I mention how pretty she looks in that picture?

Angie said...

I can't believe that happened Mckay! I couldn't even imagine Addyson doing that...and she's almost 18 months! I do worry when Brynley GETS HER OUT OF HER CRIB though! I don't even want to know HOW she does it! I'm glad she's okay. I've never even HEARD of a crib tent before. That's pretty neat...I want Addyson to stay in a crib for as long as possible, so that might be a good investment... :0 hahaha...(evil laugh)...

Bella said...

That's hilarious! My kids never figured out how to get out of the crib. And I have never heard of a crib tent. It's always fun to have spirited children rather than lumps.

Courtney said...

I just wanted to say I love that picture of Reese. She is so cute! Any luck with a crib tent yet?

Jewelry84097 said...

Your child is a problem solver! (If mommy isn't here to get me out, how can I get out by myself?) That is great! You'll just need to help her make good decisions through her life!