Monday, June 11, 2007

Yes, I am sheltered: Beer Mugs?!

I am such a doofus! I hauled Brad and the kids to the dollar store with me on Saturday night to find an item for my handLinkouts for the Beehives on Sunday. While we were there, I remembered I have broken all of our drinking glasses (I am also a spaz) and that I have seen some that look decent at the dollar store. I began looking for some (found some too! They aren't too bad) and Brad was browsing, having a grand time I am sure--because isn't the dollar store every husbands favorite place to be?--when he picks up these HUGE mugs and tells me we each need our own. Anyone who knows us knows that we love our sinful drinks of Mt. Dew (for Brad) and Diet Dr. Pepper (for me of course!) and the bigger the better. So if you can't follow my chain of reasoning, we could pour TWO cans into these huge mugs rather than just boring, lonely, plain ol' one!

As I am paying, Brad is trying to keep Devin at bay from throwing all the cheap-o toys on the checkout belt (Brad's Dollar Store hell is Dev's personal heaven) and the man is ringing up all of our unnecessary items and gets to the mugs. He wraps them in paper, puts them in the bag, I swipe my card, pick up the bags and begin to walk away, and the man says "Have fun with those beer mugs!" What?! I just bought beer mugs? They make special mugs for beer? Where have I been? Anyway, I am grateful for beer mugs, and have now renamed them addiction glasses. Appropriate for whatever drink goes in them. So much for avoiding the appearance of evil....

3 comments:

brad said...

I just used mine lastnight, and it was great! Not having to refill is definately ftw.

Kristen said...

You guys are too funny!!! In Texas they have beer mugs twice the size of Utahs, I promise =) Texans LOVE their beer. And seriously, come out here!

Jewelry84097 said...

I use my dollar store beer mugs to dip pretzels :-) They are probably not as big as yours though.