Thursday, June 7, 2007

My antidote to laziness

I have known for awhile that I am lazy, but recently I have decided I need to come out of denial and face it: I am lazy! So here is what I have come up with--I am going to run a marathon. Now, I don't know if I should have used the word run (there might not be much actual running), and I also need to add that I am NOT doing the full marathon, just a 10k. It is August 25th up Taos Ski Valley. I am excited, but I also know that I must get serious about training for it. It is unrealistic of me to think that I can go from coach potato to 10k. I have been walking about 2 miles a day, and am hoping to up that to 5 miles in the next 2 weeks. We will see from there. I want to get to the point that I can actually run without feeling like I am going to die.

Something that will help me is that my sister Courtney is moving here in two weeks, and she is going to do the marathon with me, so I will have someone to go through this whole process with. K, now that I have written this all down, I don't feel like I can easily back out without feeling like a quitter.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Run Baby Run! You can do it! You can do it!

I may come watch and cheer you on.

Mariela said...

I want to run with you guys. I will practice with you too.

Ashley said...

You should totally do it! Plus it helps to have a goal. Ever since I ran my 5K three weeks ago I have totally stopped running. I think you have to have a goal to keep up that running schedule.

Kristen said...

Awesome!!! I couldn't run a 10k, I thought I should do a marathon, but man... I'd be terrible at it, I about pass out after 1 mile! Thats awesome though, maybe you'll inspire me to do one!

Jewelry84097 said...

My Jessica is training for a marathon in St. George this fall. She is doing a 10k tomorow, and made her best time ever in a 5k last weekend - better than her high school times by 2 minutes! You go girl! Personally, I will stick to walking.